- Fiduciary September
- Frankel Prize
- Jack Bogle
- Best Practices
Welcome to the Institute for the Fiduciary Standard!
The Institute is a nonprofit formed in 2011 to benefit investors and society through its research, education and advocacy of the fiduciary standard’s importance to investors, our capital markets and economy.
Six key fiduciary duties embody the fundamental elements of an investment fiduciary’s responsibility.
These duties are:
- Serve the client’s best interest
- Act in utmost good faith
- Act prudently – with the care, skill and judgment of a professional
- Avoid conflicts of interest
- Disclose all material facts
- Control investment expenses
Feb 15, 2015 – Institute for the Fiduciary Standard, NAPFA Hold Conference Call to Discuss Proposed Best Practices (Press Release)